Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Old Door Turned Hall Tree

Hello All....I'm very excited to show you my all time favorite project so far.  I picked up this old door at an auction.  I honestly don't remember how much I paid for it, but I know it wasn't much.  When I saw it, I thought of making it into a coat rack, then I saw this cute, cute, cute hall tree on a blog and thought, I could do that!!  So, I went to the garage, dug out the door, and away I went.

 
The first thing was to wash off all the dirt and cobwebs.  While washing the door I noticed the wood was split, however, nothing a little wood glue can't handle...so after gluing the door I removed all the hardware, and I was ready to go. 
I went through my paint supply and decided on a fun blue that matched some colorful knobs I had found at World Market:)    
Now came the easy part....painting.  Like I said I went with a light blue...I love shopping in the sale isle of Home Depot and I had this in my stash.
 After I was done painting, I started building the bench to attach to the door.  Now, this was actually the most eventful part of the entire project.  Let's just say, I'm glad there wasn't a hidden camera anywhere to be found.  I honestly think a tape of me making this part would have landed me $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Video's...needless to say, I finished the bench and attached it to the door using these products:)
After attaching the bench to the door, I painted the bench the same color of blue, and then waxed and stained.
Anyway.....Here is the before and after!
Fun, Fun, Fun project:)

No comments:

Post a Comment