Monday, July 1, 2013

Antique dresser with mirror painted with Duck Egg Blue chalk paint

OK...This one is my favorite, so far.  Found this beauty on Craigs List and instantly fell in love with it.  I have been wanting to use Annie Salon's Duck Egg Blue chalk paint because I've heard so many positive things about it.  I decided to use it on this dresser.  This one will be hard for me to let go of, but let me know if you are interested:)  My house is beginning to look like an antique store.  

A friend of mine told me about an auction last weekend.  I've never been to an auction, but when she told me there was a lot of antique furniture, I was on my way.  Now, let me tell you, my husband and son were on a fishing trip, and the only car I was left with was my son's jeep which, by the way, had no doors.  However, I didn't let that stop me.  When I got there I instantly thought "my husband is going to kill me."  I got my bid number and away I went.  Have you ever been to an auction?  Oh my goodness, I was in heaven.  Needless to say, by the end of the day the auctioneer had my bid number memorized.  My new lucky number is 300:)  While I was bidding away, I suddenly became aware of the vehicle I had with me, and became frantic.....Lucky for me, I have some EXTREMELY good friends that live about 5 miles away and yes.....they have a trailer but more importantly a barn in which to store all my lucky "300 " new items. I have one month to finish all my new treasures.  Stay tuned for lots of REloved All Things Shabby furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment